Sunday, September 9, 2012

Worship


My daughter is three months old. She can’t speak a word yet. However she can produce various voice tones. We call it blabbering. Each voice doesn’t stand for any meaning. Yet it seems she enjoys it either do I. These voices are the sounds that I yearn to hear. With these un-meaningful blabber words, she tries to communicate with me. It is not the words we exchange, nor the sentence. I don’t understand her codes of communication just as she might not understand my words. However, each time we ‘talk’, it seems we understand each other. The bond between us is getting deeper.

As we worship God, He doesn’t measure our worship through His standard of perfection. Our voice might just out of tones. Or whatever you do for Him fails His standard. But He is God the Father. It is not absolute state that we have to perfectly worship Him. He already has the angels who always worship Him in heaven. As Father, He wants to bond us in relationship. Each time a song sings through our heart and lifts up for him, He is pleased. It is not a matter of how good you sing, or how you perfectly done His calling. Every single time we do these ‘blabbering’, God understands your heart. As my eyes and my daughter’s ayes collide. We see each other and sometimes without word or her blabbering. And yet we smile together.

Worship is a matter connecting our hearts to His heart beyond songs and beyond things we done for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment